We combined our expertise and innovation to develop exclusive doors and frame profiles for institutions with specific architectural needs.
At the heart of the experience and know-how of DE LA FONTAINE Industries, this specialized line of products meets every demand: Foremost, the technical demands which govern the sanitized environments of hospitals and clean rooms as well as chemical and food industry factories. These are followed by esthetic considerations, with the endless possibilities of embossing to create a unique design for each project.
- Fire resistance approval: Positive pressure UL 10C: Up to 90 minutes; British Standard (BS-476-22): Up to 120 minutes
- Conforms to the American National Standards Institute ANSI A250.4 standard
- Includes materials with high recycled content
- Durability – when adequately maintained, stainless steel can last as long as the building
- High resistance to corrosion
- Resistant to bacteria thanks to sanitary welding that prevents bacteria from entering the joints
- Personalized design with embossed straight or curved lines and material inlays
- Soundproofing option available, rating between 33 and 47 STC
EXAMPLES OF USE
- Public baths
- Hospital centers
- Food industry
- Chemical industry
- Waste water treatment plants
- Laboratories (clean rooms)
- Transport (metros, airports)
CHOICE OF DESIGN
- Personalized embossing and made-to-measure options
- V-type or U-type embossing
- Inlays of different materials
- Regular or inverted embossing
- Stainless steel type 304, 316, satin finish # 4
- 18, 16-gauge
- Stainless steel
- Plastic laminate
- Metal laminate
Sound Deadening (STC) doors and frames are necessary in many commercial buildings, such as auditoriums, offices, hospitals, schools, and multi-family residential properties. They limit the intrusion of noise into a room and ensure both quiet and privacy.
DE LA FONTAINE Industries offers openings with STC ratings up to and including STC48, in compliance with the following standards:
- ASTM E90 (Standard Test Method for Laboratory Measurement of Airborne Sound Transmission Loss of Building Partitions and Elements).
- ASTM E413 Classification Standard for Rating Sound Insulation
- ASTM E1332 (Standard Classification for Rating Outdoor-Indoor Sound Attenuation)
- ASTM E2235 (Standard Test Method for Determination of Decay Rates for Use in Sound Insulation Test Methods)
This rating is evaluated according to the operable method. The opening includes the frame, the door and the acoustical gasketing.
The maximum dimensions for this opening are 4′ x 8′ (1219.2 mm x 2438.4 mm), with a door thickness of 1 3/4″ (45 mm).
Based on acoustic performance tests of Legacy Manufacturing and DE LA FONTAINE Industries products, it is both realistic and reliable to use the final results with confidence. Please refer to our customer service department or your local DE LA FONTAINE Industries representative for more information on our products and all Sound Deadening ratings available.
Storms and hurricanes are frequent in certain coastal areas, and construction standards demand high-performance products to ensure the safety of building occupants. DE LA FONTAINE Industries offers a durable door that meets the industry’s stringent standards, while the distinction of customized embossing allows you to combine performance and design.
WINDSTORM STANDARDS COMPLIANCE
- ANSI A250.13, ASTM E330-02, ASTM E1886-05, ASTM E1996-09;
- Outswinging doors; Pressure: 70 psf; Impact: 350lb-ft; Class 1 door.
- Single door: up to 3’0” x 7’0”
- (914 mm x 2133 mm)
- Pair of doors: up to 6’0” x 7’0”
- (1829 mm x 2133 mm)
- Minimum 16-gauge ST Series (Steel Stiffened Core) with polystyrene and continuously welded seamless edge
- Minimum 16-gauge SR Series (Standard Frame) welded and existing wall anchors with tube
- Fire-rated up to 90 min (1-1/2 hours)
The building sector is a major energy consumer and its impact on the environment is considerable. Experts agree that as design and development continue to trend towards energy-efficient performance, operating costs and carbon footprints will decrease. The outer envelope is the key to an eco-friendly building, and by their nature, windows and doors represent an important part of the equation.
DE LA FONTAINE Industries offers insulating doors that, when combined with a thermal break frame, contribute to a considerable reduction in a building’s energy costs. Doors and frames are manufactured with hot-dipped galvanized steel (A40 or A60) with a corrosion-resistant zinc-iron alloy coating.
The best-performing insulating doors are made with a polystyrene or urethane core. The thermal break frame is a special profile with a polyvinyl chloride (PVC) seal that inhibits the transfer of heat/cold from the exposed to the non-exposed side of the frame.